Free Android Keyboard app with GIFs, emojis, and more
TouchPal Keyboard is a unique type of keyboard app that was developed for use on Android devices, including tablets and smartphones. The purpose of this app is to help users type emails and text messages in a much more speedy manner through various shortcuts that are available on the keyboard.
The TouchPal Keybaord app features many of the popular features found in other keyboard apps, including automatic word corrector and phrase prediction. The presence of these functions makes typing messages much quicker and less clunky by correcting errors and filling in sentences so that the user does not have to take the time to do these things. Some features, such as the phrase prediction, work better as time goes on assuming the user regular types on the keyboard because the app gets to know the user's general language habits.
The best aspect of TouchPal Keyboard is the availability of the shortcuts, which help the user type faster by eliminating the need for switching back and forth between letters, symbols, and emoji keyboards. There is even a shortcut for deleting entire words versus individual letters by performing a finger swipe across the delete button.
While TouchPal Keyboard is a great choice for many Android users, others have complained about the many advertisements that appear in the free version of the app and the problems that have apparently been caused by recent updates.
- Includes many standard keyboard features like autocorrect and phrase prediction.
- Shortcuts make it easy to transition between letters, symbols, and emojis.
- Too many ads.
- Recent updates have caused problems for some users.
- Emoji is the old school! Try the new Boom Text -- convert your words into cute and funny animation. Find it in smiley panel.
- Dedicated edit icon make it possible to edit even when suggestion is displayed.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.